Sunday, August 31, 2008

One hell of a weather season

After the devastating flood of the Cedar River here last June, from which we are only now beginning to recover and rebuild, I am horrified to to see that Hurricane Gustav seems to be heading straight for the Gulf coast. Please God, not again. I hope and pray that Gustav will veer off course or by some miracle weaken or pass over this devastated region quickly and thus deliver only a glancing blow. Sometimes all our prayers can't alter the course of nature. In that case it is our duty to do all we can for the victims of unavoidable disaster, as I hope you have done for my city of Cedar Rapids. And as I will do if the unthinkable happens again to the Gulf Coast.

For now, good night.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your comment on my blog. You have left me smiling......
    How incredible it is for people to read my words and see that, YES, I AM passionate about nursing. I LOVE nursing and couldn't imagine doing anything else. I'm sure you're the same way. Although I'm not certain as to what a Nursing "tech" is, as we don't have those in Canada, I'm sure you light up the room around you too.
    Thanks for the vote of confidence.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I work in health care, love books, love music, enjoy the internet, my friends, and my routine. 8-)