Sunday, September 20, 2009

Go Hawks!

If you're not a sports fan, feel free to ignore this post; but ...

The Iowa Hawkeyes football team is now 3 and 0, and they've been improving every week. The victory yesterday over the University of Arizona was impressive, especially on defense, although the first offensive drive of the game for a touchdown was also a good sign. In addition, running back by committee seems to be working out with two separate 100 yard rushers in the last two games.

Next week comes Penn State, a ranked team, at Penn State, in an extremely hostile environment. I'm hoping for a win, but that will require continued improvement on offense especially from quarterback Rick Stanzi. Not only that, it will require a continuation and even a stepping up of "the six seconds of hell" that defensive coordinator Norm Parker exhorted his players to inflict on Arizona yesterday.

That's a tall order. While I'm hoping for an upset, I won't be terribly dismayed at a loss as long as the Hawks play hard and never give up. Knowing how Kirk Ferentz coaches, I expect nothing less. Go Hawks!

For now good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I work in health care, love books, love music, enjoy the internet, my friends, and my routine. 8-)