Saturday, January 31, 2009

Weather

When I was in my twenties, thirties, and even forties my brothers and I used to joke that watching the Weather Channel was the perfect soporific. Now that I'm in my fifties, hopefully a little wiser especially after the flood last summer, I finally understand the reason the Weather Channel is so successful. Weather has an effect on all our lives. It can even change history ... see the Battle of the Bulge during WWII or Hurricane Katrina or our own flood in more recent times.

I don't watch continuously, but when local forecasters predict a major storm coming our way I do tune in to track its progress.

A seemingly trivial post but I think it says more about me maturing into late middle age, and the limited wisdom that goes with it, than anything else.

For now, good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I work in health care, love books, love music, enjoy the internet, my friends, and my routine. 8-)