Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!

The stomach flu has been going around at work, and today I have it. As a result, tonight I'm missing the first Christmas eve service at church since I joined my church several years ago. The service is always beautiful and inspiring and thought provoking and when at the end we sing "Silent Night", the last verse a capella, it sends a chill up my spine. Instead, here I sit at home remembering services of past years and bracing for that run to the bathroom that is sure to come.

On a more positive note, my unit at work adopted one of our own as our Christmas family. My friend Rose and her fiance's house was flooded up to the rafters last summer during the Flood of 2008. Last Friday 12/19/08, one of my coworkers needed a three tiered cart to haul all the gifts out to her car to deliver to Rose at her home, which was just recently cleared for occupancy by a city inspector.

So Rose and her fiance are truly home for the holidays.The gifts were a blessing not only for them, but also for those who gave. Wishing you a most blessed and merry Christmas. For now, good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I work in health care, love books, love music, enjoy the internet, my friends, and my routine. 8-)