Sunday, June 17, 2007

Father's Day

Today is Father's Day. My dad died when I was 19, still deep in my rebellious stage. As a result, our relationship was somewhat strained. The man who called me JT when I was young will always be somewhat of an enigma to me because of his untimely passing. I do like to think that he would be pleased that I straightened my life out after he died and achieved much, if not all, that he wished for me. I also like to think that if he had lived to a ripe old age (he'd be 82 this year) we would have developed a mutual respect and the father son relationship that never came to be because I was a dumb ass rebel who thought he knew everything. I miss my dad and have been thinking of him today.

If your dad is still living, I hope you will give him what he wants most: unconditional love. Happy Father's Day! Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I work in health care, love books, love music, enjoy the internet, my friends, and my routine. 8-)