Saturday, June 21, 2008

Flood of 2008

After 10 days of keeping family and friends updated on the flood and the sure to be long cleanup and recovery process, I am spent. I have worked only one day since that fateful night of 6/12 through the day of 6/13/08. Although fiances are a worry, I know several people who lost everything. Homes, pets, cars, jobs: all are gone. I am one of the fortunate ones. My home is high and dry. For the time being, that is more than enough. If you can afford it, I encourage you to donate to the Red Cross, The Salvation Army, or any charity your church, synagogue, or mosque might recommend. All have been doing a superb job of helping in my city, and all will need more resources as this disaster flows downstream along the Mississippi River.

I promise a more complete entry once I'm finally able to process all this. For now, good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I work in health care, love books, love music, enjoy the internet, my friends, and my routine. 8-)